Customized classes to educate, prepare and empower families through the birth experience.
These courses are designed to help families understand the “play by play” once labor begins, inclusive of what to expect within all birth settings (hospital, homebirth, birth center). Kayann uses her experience as a clinical nurse manager to discuss the “mechanics” of different birth locations – helping families better manage all aspects of birth.
Kayann keeps up to date with complementary best practices and birth initiatives to ensure that her patients receive thorough and adequate insight to their birth experience.
Expecting families will be educated and informed on the following:
- Development of the third trimester
- Signs and symptoms of pre-term labor
- What to expect in the hospital, at home or at the birth center
- All stages of labor
- Distinction between true vs. false labor
- Relaxation and breathing Techniques
- Pain management options and medications
- When medical interventions & procedures are required
- Pushing positions
- Benefits of uninterrupted skin-to-skin with the newborn
- Postpartum needs and essentials
- Baby care for the first 2 weeks of life
- Optional breastfeeding support